Lat Updated: May 16, 2023
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Analytics Services Provided by Others
- Transfer of Information to the United States
- Your Choices
- Contact Us
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, submit or post content through our Services, communicate with us via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, username, email address, public profile photo, organization name, affiliated organization type (e.g., academic, government, etc.), and any other information you choose to provide.
AI-related data usage:
Our company uses AI technology from OpenAI to power our advisors and tools. We don’t have access to the information you enter when using our interactive tools and that information isn’t saved on our servers or anywhere else. OpenAI has a policy that they won’t use the data you submit through their API to improve their AI models unless you choose to share it with them. OpenAI will retain the data collected from our AI-powered tools and advisors for abuse and misuse monitoring purposes for a maximum of 30 days, after which it will be deleted (unless otherwise required by law).
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as what content you create or edit, which projects you follow, how you vote when we request user input, and what search terms you enter.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, if you create or log into your AI4SP account through a third-party platform (such as Google, LinkedIn, or Microsoft), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, username, or email address, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
In some cases, we may also collect information other users have provided about you, such as if current users invite you to collaborate through our Services.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by AI4SP and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of AI4SP and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- If you post content in a public area of our Services, we share this information publicly on our Services.
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- We will not sell, trade, or disclose externally any individually identifiable information derived from your completion of any web form or use of a AI4SP online service, including names and addresses, without your consent (except as required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process). We do not share your information with outside companies or list marketing services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of AI4SP, our users, the public, or others.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among AI4SP and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES
AI4SP is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
If you wish to delete your account, please send us a support request by clicking on CONTACT US on AI4SP.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from AI4SP by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.